Are you a nonprofit looking to lease a short code for text messaging? If so, did you know that Tatango can now offer eligible nonprofits a nonprofit short code discount of 60% off regular short code pricing? It’s true, and a super good deal for any nonprofit interested in purchasing their own short code.
Before we get into too much detail on the nonprofit shortcode discount, the first thing you should do is make sure your nonprofit is eligible to receive the shortcode discount. If your nonprofit meets the following two requirements, your nonprofit is eligible to receive the 60% nonprofit shortcode discount.
- Your nonprofit must be qualified as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Your nonprofit must be accredited by at least one of the accreditation organizations below:
If your nonprofit meets the eligibility requirements above, then Tatango can discount the cost of your next short code lease by 60%. With that discount, your nonprofit will save a whopping $600/month on a vanity short code lease, and $300/month on a random shortcode lease. That’s an annual savings of $7,200 for a vanity short code, and annual savings of $3,600 for a random short code. Below are the monthly shortcode leasing costs for eligible nonprofits.
- Nonprofit Vanity Shortcode – $400/month (regular price – $1,000/month)
- Nonprofit Random Shortcode – $200/month (regular price – $500/month)
If you aren’t too familiar with SMS shortcode marketing, there’s two types of shortcodes you can lease for your nonprofit. The first type of shortcode is a vanity shortcode. Vanity shortcodes for nonprofits are $400/month, a savings of $600/month over the regular retail price of $1,000/month. A vanity shortcode is a 5-6 digit phone number that is specifically selected by a nonprofit because of the numbers, and their arrangement in the shortcode. Usually, the numbers and their arrangement in the shortcode either spell out something on a mobile phone’s dialpad, or they’re arranged in a way that makes it easy for a consumer to remember the 5-6 digits.
The second type of shortcode is a random shortcode. Random shortcodes for nonprofits are $200/month, a savings of $300/month over the regular retail price of $500/month. A random shortcode is a 5-6 digit phone number that is randomly selected for a nonprofit by the Common Short Code Administration.
Once your nonprofit has secured an SMS shortcode, there’s so many different ways you can use your shortcode. Below are a few ideas for your nonprofit:
- Grow Your Email Marketing Database
- Send Mass Text Messages to Supporters
- Solicite SMS Donations
- Engage Supporters with SMS Polling
- Encourage App Downloads
Want to see how other nonprofits are using their SMS shortcodes? Below are a few example:
- Non-Profit Uses Text Message Quiz To Educate Public
- Over 25,000 People Text to Ban Testing on Animals
- DoSomething.ORG Launches SMS Campaign
- DoSomething.org Hits One Million Text Message Subscribers
For more information on eligibility, the guidelines for nonprofit shortcode use, and to view the CTIA – Guidelines for Mobile Giving, please visit the following page: U.S. Short Code Directory – Nonprofit Shortcode Pricing. If you have questions about nonprofit shortcodes, please contact Tatango.