Top 10 SMS Marketing Case Studies
Tatango has published over 70 SMS marketing case studies on our blog. To help our readers, Tatango has compiled a list of the top 10 SMS marketing case studies, based on their popularity with our readers.If you’re interested in viewing all of the SMS marketing case studies that Tatango has published, click here.
Without further ado, below are the top 10 SMS marketing case studies that we’ve published on the Tatango blog. Enjoy!
- Brand: Kiehl’s
- Case Study Title: SMS Marketing Case Study – Kiehl’s Experiences 73% Redemption Rate
- Overview: This American cosmetics brand retailer ran a 6-month SMS geofencing pilot program, which includes 45 test stores. After customers opted-in, they were asked to agree to share their location with Kiehl’s. The retailer would then send up to three location based SMS alerts a month, when a customer was within a certain radius of one of their test stores. After 6-months, Kiehl’s found that 73% of their customers that had signed up for their SMS alerts had made a purchase, and 81% recalled receiving an SMS alert from Kiehl’s.
- Brand: Taco Bell
- Case Study Title: Taco Bell Campaigns Gains 13,000 SMS Subscribers in 5 Weeks
- Overview: Taco Bell gained 13,000 SMS subscribers within the first 5 weeks of their SMS campaign, simply by offering them a free Frutista Freeze with the purchase of any food item after they subscribed. The fast food chain used traditional media such as radio, television and print to advertise their campaign. The campaign sent more than 29,500 SMS coupons, with 93% of customers still subscribed to the campaign after 5 weeks.
- Brand: Pizza Hut
- Case Study Title: Pizza Hut SMS Geofencing Campaign 2.6X More Effective Than Online Advertising
- Overview: This SMS marketing case study comes from Pizza Hut in the United Kingdom. During a 15 month period, this restaurant chain setup geofenced locations within a half-mile radius of each of their 340 Pizza Hut locations. The restaurant found that on average their SMS campaign was 142% more efficient in increasing incremental sales than other channels.
- Brand: Ford
- Case Study Title: Ford SMS Marketing Gets 15.4% Conversion
- Overview: Ford asked newspaper readers to text FORD to 63611 to receive more information about purchasing new Ford vehicles. After texting in, they were asked to respond with which Ford model they are most interested in, then their zip code, then their full name to be contacted by a local dealer. The SMS marketing campaign saw a 15.4% conversion rate.
- Brand: Avenue
- Case Study Title: MMS Campaign Generates 6,600% ROI
- Overview: Avenue, a plus-size women’s clothing store, offered shoppers a $5 MMS coupon on their next purchase when joining their MMS campaign. The retailer reported a 6,600% ROI from their MMS campaign, with an open rate of 97%.
- Brand: RedBox
- Case Study Title: 400,00 Customers Participate In 10-Day Redbox SMS Marketing Promotion
- Overview: RedBox launched a campaign called their “10 Days of Deals”, which encouraged customers to text DEALS to 727272 each day for a chance to save between 10 cents and $1.50 off their next rental. Over 400,00 customers participated in the SMS marketing promotion, generating over 1.5M SMS messages in just 10 days!
- Brand: Westfield Mall
- Case Study Title: SMS Marketing Case Study: 6,000 Subscribers in 1 Week for Westfield Mall
- Overview: Westfield Shopping Center text club was able to get 6,000 new SMS subscribers in 1 week, simply by offering their customers the chance to win a $1,000 shopping SPREE. The SMS promotion was advertised in-mall signage, encouraging shoppers to join the text club to be entered to win.
- Brand: National Wholesale Liquidators
- Case Study Title: Retail Mobile Marketing Campaigns Generates 50,000 Opt-Ins
- Overview: National Wholesale Liquidators was able to build a mobile subscriber database of 50,000 customers. Customers that were part of their retailer’s mobile database spent 80% more than customers that weren’t a part of the database ($45 vs $25).
- Brand: Seattle Sun Tan
- Case Study Title: Tanning Salon Text Messaging Campaign Generates $196,000 In First 30 Days
- Overview: Seattle Sun Tan was able to generate almost $200,000 in new revenues within the first 30 days of them launching their SMS campaign. This is in addition to them growing their SMS subscriber database from zero to 4,774.
- Brand: Tide
- Case Study Title: Tide Text Messaging Campaign Generates 48,000+ New Mobile Subscribers
- Overview: Tide’s SMS campaign to promote their new high efficient (HE) laundry detergent, generating over 48,000 new SMS subscribers. By joining the text messaging campaign, consumers would receive laundry tips, stain solutions, and special offers sent directly to their mobile phones via text message.
If you’re interested in viewing all of the SMS marketing case studies that Tatango has published, click here. Also, to stay up to date on the most recent SMS marketing news, be sure to sign up for our email newsletter below.