Business Text Messaging Statistics for Customer Support
Our good friends at OneReach just sent us over some really great business text messaging statistics, and really cool image. While Tatango mostly helps businesses with their outbound text message marketing efforts, OneReach helps businesses with their inbound business text messaging. What is inbound business text messaging? It’s when a consumer texts a business for things like support, information, etc. OneReach actually found that 64% of consumers with text messaging capabilities (pretty much everyone nowadays) would prefer to use text messaging over a voice call. Some examples of inbound business text messaging are below.
- Reset Passwords
- Refill Orders
- Check Balances or Due Dates
- Find a Store Location
- Ask a Question
- Make or Confirm Reservations
- Checking Order Status
- Customer Service
Some of the great business text messaging statistics we pulled from the image are below. The statistics were gathered by Harris Interactive, and based on a nationwide survey of over 2,000 adults.
- 44% of consumers would prefer to press a button to initiate a text conversation immediately, rather than waiting on hold to speak with an agent.
- 77% of consumers aged 18-34 are likely to have a positive perception of a company that offers text capability.
- 81% of all consumers agree that it is frustrating to be tied to a phone or computer to wait for customer service help.