Tatango, Inc. is the leader in text message fundraising solutions offering the best deliverability, speed, segmentation, and expert guidance in the industry. With our easy to use, highly scalable platform, Tatango clients can better engage their audience, drive loyalty, and increase donations.
As a sales team member, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative environment and learn the ins and outs of the text message marketing industry. With more than a decade of proven success, Tatango is experiencing explosive growth, allowing our employees opportunities for rapid advancement.
The key responsibility of this position is to sell Tatango products and solutions to top tier nonprofit clients and to meet and exceed monthly and annual quota objectives.
- Develop account plans for top named accounts in assigned territory, including long term and strategic relationships at the most senior levels of prospect organizations
- Professionally develop and manage sales pipeline to meet and exceed tier 1 sales targets.
- Manage full sales cycle including prospecting, discovery, demonstrations, negotiations, and closing
- Manage prospect expectations through the sales process. Collaborate with key internal stakeholders; Product, Marketing, Services and Support to determine market strategies and ensure customer expectations are properly established, communicated, and met
- Coordinate with Tatango nonprofit partner team to develop and grow new business opportunities
- Proactively develop templates and common content for Sales Pitches along with analytic support
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of nonprofit industry trends competitive landscape, and technical developments, share findings with Tatango leadership and colleagues
- Represent Tatango at industry events; conferences, speaking engagements, webinars, roundtables, etc.
- Collaborate with Go to Market leadership to maintain and/or improve efficiency, standard of service, and overall success
- Maintain accurate information in company reporting and information tools such as CRM, pipelines, and forecasts and communicate with management with weekly reports on a timely basis
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- 7+ years professional experience selling in a nonprofit new business role within a software sales, SaaS, or digital marketing sales environment
- Demonstrable and consistent track record of achieving and exceeding sales quota. Experience with consultative solution sales methods and processes
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of client personnel and Tatango team members
- Extensive problem solving and decision-making skills. Comfortable with a rapidly changing environment and complex sales cycles
- Ability to present Tatango’s brand effectively
- Organized, independent, resourceful and diligent in maintaining CRM data (Salesforce CRM experience preferred)
- Competitive and driven with a strong work ethic and goal oriented
- Demonstrated ability to contribute positively to broader team success and inter-departmental relations
- Text message marketing industry experience a plus