Software engineers at Tatango contribute to the entire development stack. They are responsible for internal and external customer facing features which power our next generation platform capable of rapidly delivering millions of messages in just seconds.
This individual will bring a problem solving based mindset to our engineering team with a focus on writing code, developing documentation, implementing best practices and communicating cross functionally with the rest of the organization.
Are you ready to work on some tough engineering challenges that tackle scalability using the latest and greatest technologies on the market today? Come join the Tatango Engineering Team!
What You’ll Do:
- Iteratively implement backend and frontend software for Tatango’s web based applications
- Design and architect scalable solutions that meet our customers needs
- Establish and maintain best practices with the rest of your team members
- Participate and lead code reviews
- Contribute to the entire software development lifecycle from whiteboard through deployment
- Bring a meticulous testing oriented approach to software development
- Drive continuous adoption of new technologies and practices to improve engineering capabilities
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Extensive knowledge in Ruby on Rails and/or Typescript
- Familiarity with one or more SPA frameworks like Vue or NextJS
- Working knowledge of relational and non relational databases
- Strong cloud experience with AWS services such as
- MySQL and/or Postgres
- Passion for solving customer problems
- Command of Agile and Scrum processes
- Fearlessness when taking on new challenges or technology
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Ownership over responsibilities and proactiveness about those duties. Also demonstrates high work ethic and commitment to individual and team excellence
- Takes and gives feedback in a professional and constructive manner
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as business needs evolve.
Tatango, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, marital and family status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.