SMS Marketing Blog

Request a Free Trial

Chipotle Disappoints SMS Subscribers

21st September 2011 - Posted by in category Text Message Marketing #FAIL

This is a follow up blog post regarding Chipotle’s SMS campaign. After opting into their SMS campaign in store back in May of 2011, they just recently sent out their first SMS message. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I embedded the text message I received from them below.

Chipotle Text Message

Why so disappointing?

  • When I opted-in, they told me I should expect up to 2 messages per week (awesome, I love Chipotle), not 1 message every 5 months. I would assume that most customers completely forgot that they gave their phone number to Chipotle in the first place after so much time has passed.
  • When I opted-in, they told me I would receive text messages about games and special offers. The text message I received wasn’t a game or a special offer.
  • Here at Tatango we always stress the importance of each text message having significant value to customers. Below is the video that they linked to within the text message, I don’t know about you, but this just doesn’t seem valuable enough to text message me about.
  • Does Chipotle realize that only 40% of their customers have smartphones and the remaining 60% won’t even be able to watch the video?

What do you think? Leave a comment below and let me know if you think their first text message was a success or failure.



Comments

  • About Tatango

    Welcome to the Tatango SMS Marketing Blog where we provide tips, tricks and advice for using text message marketing.

    Tatango provides businesses with easy to use SMS marketing software that allows you to create, send and track your text message marketing campaigns.
  • Sign Up to Receive Email Updates

    Sign Up to Receive Email Updates


  • Categories

  • Search